Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Marie's view of her world, Spring of 09





This is another drawing from the first lines to the finished piece with waterbased pencils...all black.
















This is the route my drawing of this "pile" has taken.






































































These are my fish at 5, 10 and 20 minutes...three of my favorite drawings from the semester. I love my fish!!!














this is my cat. , Chief.













































This tree is outside my sister's house in Florida. I drew it while we were discussing funeral arrangements for my mother. It was very soothing to be sketching nature.
Over the years certain themes have resonated with me. I knew that I had a praoclivity towards my animals. While i Florida, I found myself drawn to the palm trees. I always liked monolithic objects composed of many parts so the overlapping of the leaves and textures of the trucks appealed to me. My favorites are the palms moving in the breeze.
Another new theme was the idea oflayering and piling. I foundit challenging to observe a group of objects of different textures and shapes.' as well as the sense of them taking off into space.
For christmas I received a small sketchbook that has been easy to carry around and find that I am more apt to take it out and do a sketch.
On the whole I use my sketchbook for observational drawings. I don't tand to doodle abstractly but like to observe the world around me. I also really liked reworking old drawings. I have been inspired by other class members who look at the world differently using more text and color than myself.
I don't like to draw when I am tired...I do not enjoy it and it does not relax me. I need the enrgy to care about what I am doing so i sketch moreon the weekend mornings. However I do find that I can do quick sketches more often since I am more aware of having my sketchbook with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment